SENDforC Awards and Honors
SENDforC was first founded as a cause group back in August 2012 with just three people. It was incorporated as a California public benefit corporation on February 19, 2014 in San Pablo, CA. Its headquarters is currently registered in Downey, CA as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. While quickly gaining interest from university students across California, it began its first truly active university operations by a group of student-researchers and student-educators at University of California, San Diego in 2014. It now has two active university student group branches including those located at University of California, San Diego and Davis.
Since its recent founding in 2012, SENDforC has been recognized with a variety of educational, research and social impact community, national and global honors. Within just three years, we have gained support from approximately 50 currently active volunteers and approximately 20 contributors who are willing to support the mission as needed, spread across California.
We are sincerely grateful for the support of many individuals and contributors who have helped us build this program. We are confident that by creating ambitious educational, charitable programs and scientific research initiatives through support from the university community, we will continue to "contribute locally, impact globally" and hope for an even more influential organization that will continue to overcome great societal challenges in the future. Thank you very much for your support!
Ashoka and LEGO Foundation Re-imagine Learning Challenge Pacesetter (Ashoka, July 2014)
National Science Foundation Innovation Corps for Entrepreneurship (Von Liebig Entrepreneurship Center, September 2014 and September 2015)
Frontiers of Innovation Scholars Program Fellowship: Enriching Human Life and Society (UC San Diego Office of Research Affairs, February 2015)
NASA and Conrad Spirit of Innovation Summit Diplomats: Only Undergraduate Team Selected in either Aerospace & Aviation and Giant Leap to Mars Categories (NASA/PLTW, April 2015)
Ford C3 Grant Finalist: Top 20 Student-Driven Initiative in the Nation for “Building a Sustainable Community” (Ford, May 2015)
Nominee for UC San Diego Student Organization of The Year (Center for Student Involvement, 2014-2015)
San Diego Social Innovation Challenge Finalist (San Diego State University, Center for Peace and Commerce, 2016)
Guest of Honor: Spreading Entrepreneurship and Branding Knowledge (UC Riverside/Delta Sigma Pi, 2016)
Outstanding Marketing Plan of the Year (UCSD Center for Student Involvement, 2016)
Reimagine Education Conference Speaker (University of Pennsylvania, 2016)
UC Health Hacks, 1st Prize (UCSD Health, 2017)
National Science Foundation California STEMS INCLUDES Conference Speaker (NSF, 2017)
The Westly Prize, Top 10 Young Innovators of California (Westly Foundation, 2018)
Press from SENDforC members or independent team projects:
- Amareen Dhaliwali's AAMC Interview (JumpStart Med Ed): https://students-residents.aamc.org/choosing-medical-career/article/amareen-dhaliwal/
- Volume I of Axilogy MCAT Workbooks available on Amazon!
- School for Gifted Youth: http://www.schoolforgiftedyouth.org/
- Gabriel Frischer developing AirSave (Social Media Team): http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jun/04/design-competition-ucsd-engineering/
- Daniel Kao speaking at TEDxUCSD 2016 (Education Team): http://www.tedxucsd.com/speakers/2016-lineup/daniel-kao/
- Suhas Arehalli of Team SUP named #1 Software Engineering project of UCSD CSE 110 (San Diego Computer Science Track Lead): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja1z0OSRlKo
- Mike Shi named #2 Software Engineering project of UCSD CSE 110 (San Diego Computer Science Mentor)